Friday 13 January 2012

I'm over being FAT

Ok so this is my first time doing the 12WBT, virgin blogger and the first time in my life i have had to loose a ridiculous amount of weight... 50kg to be precise.

I am a self employed and a Mum of 4... 5 if you count the other big oath in the house... Our normal day to day life consists of get up 5am, get dressed, get kids breaky and lunch, i Have a coffee breaky can wait i'll find time later. Get to work by 7-730. Work work work...i'll have lunch a little later, im to busy right now, oops is that time... Dash home to get the Kids dinner, what ever is quick, chicken and rice, foods not that bad but by now I'm absolutely starving. I pick at the food taste testing as I'm cooking, with a glass or two of wine or a bourbon and coke to help relax me after a really stressful day. I serve up small portions for the kids and I give us adults huge helpings. But that's ok cause I haven't had much more than a coffee or two all day. Hahaha how wrong am I.

On the weekends we entertain or go out for lunch or dinner. we love the flavour of food, we love good cheese and Fine wine.

5 years later on and we have a successful business but I am 50kg heavier.

The breaker for me was 2 days ago. M.T and I went for a Helicopter ride whilst we were on holidays. They asked for our weights as he had just filled up with fuel. There was three of us. M.T and I wrote down our weights and the pilot did some calculations and said the combined passenger load was to heavy. We didnt know the third person, I just wanted to crawl under the closest rock and hide. I have never been so embarrassed in my life.

When I got back to our unit I said to M.T things are going to change as of today. We spoke about getting a personal trainer and eating better, not drinking as much and one of the kids pipes up and says "So Mum, ifyoumdomlots of exercise will that ride of that fat under your chin" OMG realisation I have a prominent double chin. Reality is setting in faster than than the puffing and panting does when I get up to walk down to,the pool.

I post holiday shots to face book and I keep seeing this Michelle Bridges 12WBT Challenge.mand today Michelle says your either in or your out. I didn't even think. I signed up immediately.

I'm sick of being out of breathe, buying new clothes and growing out them only to have to buy new ones again. I love the clothes at City Chic and I hate that. I'm uncomfortable when I walk, I'm uncomfortable when I sleep, I'm just plain uncomfortable. I have absolutely no sex drive and M.T and I are getting married in 6 months that ain't going to be fun if I don't take a stand And committ to something NOW...

My biggest challenge is going to be setting myself aside some time each day for ME... All you working mums out there will know how life just sometimes seems to fly by and we get caught up in the world of looking after everyone else, whether it be our hubbies, our kids, our cats or dogs, our work mates, our bosses, our neighbours blah blah blah and we loose ourselves.

Well I need to find myself again. Like I said, We have built a successful business now it's time to build a successful me. Fit, healthy and happy.

My oath is to give it all and everything. No matter what

Stay with me through the next 12 weeks, you'll help me keep it real.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Phat Mumma, I'm a first time blogger 2nd time 12WBTer. I hear where you're coming from! I look forward to sharing your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations dragonfly diva on your 2nd round. There seems to be so many people coming back for more. You must all be seeing results. Stay tuned :)

    ReplyDelete